Deal #3922

Location #1

Spatial accuracy level
Administrative region
Location
Marcavelica, Piura, Perú

Target country
Peru

Land area

Intended size (in ha)
26219
Size under contract (leased or purchased area, in ha)
[2017] 26219
Comment on land area
Initially the land was property of Cooperativa la Golondrina (2003), but through a legal strategy COMISA got the control of the land. Cooperativa Golondrina is denouncing that it was irregular and illegally acquired.

Intention of investment

Intention of investment
Biofuels
Comment on intention of investment
The intention was to produce ethanol from cane sugar in the 26219 hectares gives for "Cooperativa la Golondrina"

Nature of the deal

Nature of the deal
Outright Purchase
Comment on nature of the deal
Miraflores Corporation (COMISA) was created in 2003 and started like a Joint Venture (the land was given for "Cooperativa Agraria San José de La Golondrina"), but when COMISE was former The Cooperativa was register with 20% of stocks and the other partners with 80% (Jorge Ray­gada, Miguel Osores Ortega, Harold Brown Hidalgo and the brothers Ernes­to, Luis and Rodolfo León Ramírez). Legally the land was as a share of COMISA Capital but only 20% of total, the other 80% of shares was in the hands of the other 6 partners.

Negotiation status

Negotiation status
[2003] Concluded (Contract signed)

Implementation status

Implementation status
[2017] Startup phase (no production)

Purchase price

Purchase price
22.8
Purchase price currency
Nuevo Sol (S/.)
Purchase price area type
per ha
Comment on purchase price
almost US$6 per hectares (2003 value gave for COMISA)

Operating company

Name of investment project
Sugar Cane project

 

Network of parent companies and tertiary investors/lenders. Please right-click the nodes to get more details.

Legend
  • Is parent company of
  • Is tertiary investor/lender of
  • Left-click to reveal related parent companies and tertiary investors/lenders.
  • Right-click on investors to get more information.
  • Left-click to hide related parent companies and tertiary investors/lenders.

Data source #1

Data source type
Media report
File
Date
2013-06-19
Comment on data source
There is the problem through the signing of the contract in which the company would have COMISA only 20% of the shares while the cooperative "La Golondrina" was to have 80% of the shares but when the company is , the majority shares are taken over by the company COMISA, leaving residents with only 20% of them. Given this fact the cooperative takes it as a scam, for which there are clashes between the company and villagers COMISA.

Data source #2

Data source type
Media report
File
Comment on data source
this is a document with enviromental description of COMISA project

Data source #3

Data source type
Media report
File
Date
2013-07-23
Comment on data source
This a page from the legal document of COMISA shareholders

Data source #4

Data source type
Media report
File
Date
2013-07-23
Comment on data source
It source explain the process of COMISA constitution and claims of Cooperativa San José La Golondrina qualifiying like irregular the land acquisition method for COMISA

Data source #5

Data source type
Company sources
File

Data source #6

Data source type
Company sources
File

Data source #7

Data source type
Media report
File

Data source #8

Data source type
Media report
File

Data source #9

Data source type
Media report
File

Consultation of local community

Community consultation
Other
Comment on consultation of local community
The farmers from the Cooperativa San José de La Golondrina have occupated the Land trying to recover back the territory because the families says that the COMISA acquisition method of land was irregular and illegal

How did the community react?

Community reaction
Rejection
Comment on community reaction
Actually, The occupants of the area (120 families from the Cooperative San José de La Golondrina have invaded the land) feel cheated because when the company COMISA started, they no longer had the 80% share of the land, only had 20%.

Displacement of people

Comment on displacement of people
there are 120 familes occupying the land

Promised benefits for local communities

Promised benefits for local communities
Other
Comment on promised benefits for local communities
Improvement in the value of their properties.

Former land owner (not by constitution)

Former land owner
Private (smallholders)

Former land use

Former land use
Smallholder agriculture

Former land cover

Former land cover
Cropland

Detailed crop, animal and mineral information

Crops area
Sugar Cane

In country processing of produce

In country processing of produce
Yes
Comment on in country processing of produce
Ethanol

Overall comment

Overall comment
Corporacion Miraflores S.A. (COMISA) is the legal owner. But right now The Cooperative San José de la Golondrina is trying to recover back the land from COMISA

Feb. 22, 2018, 5:13 p.m.

overwritten

This version

Compare with previous version

Feb. 21, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

overwritten

Show this version

Compare with previous version

March 7, 2016, 8:06 p.m.

overwritten

Show this version

Compare with previous version

Sept. 12, 2013, 1:50 a.m.

overwritten

Show this version

Compare with previous version

July 18, 2013, 8:20 p.m.

overwritten

Show this version

Compare with previous version

July 18, 2013, 1:45 a.m.

active

Show this version

First version

There are no comments to this deal yet.

Add a comment

(mandatory)
(mandatory)
(mandatory)

I've read and agree to the Data Policy.