Latin America Focal Point Monthly Update
The Land Matrix Latin America Focal Point
MEETING BETWTEEN THE RED TERRITORIOS VISIBLES AND
Managua, Nicaragua, hosted from October 27 through 29, the meeting of the Latin American Network of Land Observatories (Red Territorios Visibles), and the Regional Assembly of the International Land Coalition (ILC). Cristian Venencia, a member of the Land Matrix Latin America Focal Point (LM-LAFP) participated in this meeting with the following objectives:
- Disseminate the Land Matrix initiative among members of the Network in order to achieve greater integration and commitment from all parties.
- Critically analyze the activities performed so far, discuss the next steps focusing on the production of specific deliverables, and set a number of concrete work guidelines.
- Work with Nitlapan, the partner in Central America, and provide them with some training on information retrieval and uploading of land transactions onto the Land Matrix.
- Reach some agreements and establish some common objectives between the Network and Land Matrix in order to optimize the identification of land deals in Latin American countries.
- Present the progress made in the LM-LAFP to the members of ILC.
The third monthly update from the Land Matrix Latin America Focal Point is now available here (623.3 KB) For the Spanish version, click .